Having a career is one of the most important things in life. Finding a career is not an easy task. It becomes very difficult to analyze what careers are available and what will make you happy and give a stable life. Career planning is not an activity that should be done at once. Rather it is an activity that should be done on a regular basis. It is never too soon or too late to start your career planning.
Career is usually associated with the professional aspects of a personal life. The meaning of professional is engaging or qualifying yourself in a particular profession. Success is at the forefront of every professional decision you make. Therefore to lead a happy life you should understand the depth of professionalism.
1. What is profession?
- Nowadays, the meaning of the profession is mostly used for business purpose.
- .Most of problems in our life arises just because we bound things. We do not try to extract the most from it.
- Here the word ‘profession’ is bound with money. This means that you are paid for what you work.
- If we think beyond money, the meaning of profession can be given in simple words i.e. it is the character that everyone needs to play to accomplish one’s own task or duty.
- The return for accomplishing the task will be different for different characters.
2. Avoid dual nature
- This is one of the most common mistakes that most of the people do. They think that professional life is only related to the corporate world.
- The first thing you need to understand that professionalism does not bound to a particular area. Professionalism is very vast and applicable in every walks of life.
- There is no need to take out separate time for professionalism (like only during office work).
- Professionalism is a way of life. If you are professional then you will be professional anytime and anywhere.
- There is no need to follow dual nature.
3. Professional ethics
- Professional ethics comprises of personal and corporate standards of behavior expected by professional.
- It is basically a code of conduct that every member of the profession must follow to avoid exploitation in the organization or even in regular life.
- Every profession has its own ethics. Ethics mostly depends upon the vision of the organization.
- Professional ethics form the integrity of the organization.
- Some of the important ethics include honesty, transparency, accountability, confidentiality, respect, obedience to the law, loyalty, etc.
4. Professional boundaries
- It is important to be open-minded with sharp boundaries.
- Life with no boundaries may create hustle and bustle.
- Boundaries are the measure of self-esteem. They are the keys to ensuring relationships are mutually respectful, supportive and caring.
- They represent invisible structures imposed by legal, ethical, and professional standards.