1. Power and Authority
- The leader has all the power and authority to make decisions on any topics.
- The leader assigns all the task and delegates responsibilities to their group member without consulting them.
- In this style of leadership, leaders believe more in giving rewards and punishment rather focusing on motivating employees.
- The leader takes all responsibilities and credit of the accomplished task.
- The leader has no confidence in their employee’s ability and closely supervises and controls them.
2. Morale values and Creativity
- Since all powers and authority lies in the hands of the leader, subordinates becoming heavily dependent on the leader.
- There is no creativity and innovation.
- In this style of leadership empowerment of employees are not taken into consideration.
- This type of leadership create stress and fear in the employees.
3. Communication and Interaction
- Leaders rarely take any inputs from their subordinates hence communication in this type of leadership is of one-way communication.
- Since everything is very straightforward hence there is no communication gap.
- Since there is no communication gap hence tasks are done quickly.
- The leader doesn’t ask for any kind of feedback.
4. Repressive Leadership type
- This style of leadership is of dictator or bossy type leadership.
- The leader has no faith and confidence in their employee. This creates a lack of trust among employees and the leader.
- Employees have no right to give suggestion and just have to follow their leader.
- Where to use:
- This style of leadership is used in an organization where strong centralized control is required. For example in a Military organization.
- Organization in which there are fixed set of rules and structure.
- An extremely large number of employees is to be handled.
- Organizations in which employees are new, inexperienced, lack of qualification and lack of skills.
- When it is used:
- When quick decisions are required.
- It is used during emergencies and dangerous situation.
- It is used when poor performance of employees need to be corrected.
For more information click below: