Work Scheduling is the most important stage in time management. Basically, Scheduling includes planning of your activities in order to achieve your goal in a specific time domain. A schedule is also known as a Rota or Roster. It contains information like the list of employees, working time, location, type of activities, etc. A schedule can be weekly, monthly and even of a yearly time period. Here I have discussed steps to be followed for work schedule.
1. Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- It is defined as Deliverable-Oriented hierarchical decomposition of the work to be executed by the team to accomplish the project objective.
- It represents the flowchart in which all task is logically connected.
- The goal of WBS is to make the job more manageable.
- WBS provides a clear visual representation of all parts of a job, due to which output is more clear.
- WBS also helps to identify overlapping of tasks so that it can be eliminated.
- Click here for more information
2. Calculating the Estimates
- In this section, estimates like time required and efforts are calculated.
- You can use 100% rule, which is used to know all the efforts required in each task to accomplish it.
- This also eliminates unwanted things included in the task.
- 100% rule also enables you to understand all the possible outcomes.
- Number of employees required and cost estimation are calculated in this stage.
- The goal of calculating the estimates is to make the big project more manageable.
- Here you need to decide whether the schedule is a weekly, monthly or yearly type.
3. Checking Key points
- Here you need to check the order or hierarchy of tasks.
- Checking of lead and lag time to optimize the total time.
- Determination of slack time so that it can be used for doing extra activities like managing calls, meeting, file handling, etc.
- Focusing on linked activities i.e. task which is dependent on another task.
4. Assigning of Resources
- Providing and frequent checking of raw material.
- Checking of partially finished and completely finished product.
- To smoothen production requirement.
- Assigning of breakdown tasks to different teams according to their capabilities.
After implementing all the above steps further, you need to delegate the task to employees according to their capacities. Keep more focus on how to make team. To figure out how to sharpen their focus and keep motivated.
For more information click below: