An individual who likes to go into technical industry but doesn’t have a technical knowledge. There are emerging careers beside hard skills and technical knowledge which are based on your soft skills and creative thinking. There is a rising demand in areas like management and business fruitful result.
Top 8 Non-Technical Roles For Mechanical Engineers
A technical writer is a professional information communicator whose task is to transfer information between two or more parties, through any medium that facilitates the transfer and comprehension of the information. Technical Writer research and create information through a variety of delivery media.
Roles of Technical Writer in Mechanical Industry
- Complex and Specialized information: Collecting the data and adapting to make it in a simpler way which is easier to consume.
- Data Visualization: organize information which involves illustrations and table which makes it easier to understand.
- Data Management: They prepare , review, revise, and maintain technical documents, including software and system engineering, system operation, testing and user documentation.
- Gathering and Analyzing of Data: The technical and product information is gathered and analyze from various source to make a new document or to change the product functionality.
- Break Down of Complex Topics: which makes it easier to understand the information.
Skills Required To become a Technical Writer
- Knowledge of product: You should have good knowledge of the industry product before writing anything.
- Technical Documentation: An ordinary information you have to present it in a technical document way.
- communication skills: You should have a great communication skills and you should be more presentable to the industry.
- Technical Writing Skills: The information the Industry will provide you should be of best content and in a more technical manner.
- Research skills: If the information is given to you, you should have the skills to research it and present it in a more simpler way.
- Teamwork: You should have the ability to work with the team and corporate with them.
Sales engineers are in the business of selling advanced scientific and technical products to business and organization. They visualize, design and sell new products or programs you help develop in order to increase your clients output and profit.
Roles of Sales Engineer in Mechanical Industry
- Technical Requirements: Understands the requirements of the customer and act as a link between the company and customer.
- Technical aspects of the Company: Understand the company’s product, prepares presentation according to the customer and delivers it.
- Analyzation of product: Ability to analyze the product and tell the engineer how the product is better than that of the competitors.
- Dealing with post delivery: Costumer issues like installing equipment, modifying the delivered product and providing regular service should be delivered in time.
- Manage and invent parts: Ability to manage and invent parts by applying various Industrial Engineering techniques.
- New Ideas: ability to pitch new ideas to customer in order to reduce the cost, wastage etc.
Skill required to become a Sales Engineer
- Good technical Knowledge : Good technical knowledge in order to meet the requirements of customer needs.
- Great sales skills: Great knowledge of selling the products of the company.
- Good Communication skills: Ability to speak with the customers fluently.
- Good Business knowledge: Being a sales engineer you should have a great business knowledge in order to increase the company’s sales.
- Organizational skills: Ability to organize and deliver the best product to the costumer.
- Teamwork: You should have the ability to work in the team.
- Analytical and problem solver: Ability to analyze and solve the company’s issues.
Logistics refers to the overall process of managing how resources are acquired, stored, and transported to their final destination. The term is now used widely in the business sector, particularly by companies in the manufacturing sectors, to refer to how resources are handled and moved along the supply chain.
Roles of Logistic Engineer in Mechanical Industry
- Logistic analysis: You should have the ability to analyze different company’s products.
- Logistic strategies and concept designs: You should have the ability to prepare strategy and concept design for production facilities.
- Comprehensive supply chains: You should have the ability to design the supply chain that minimize environmental impacts or costs.
- Determine requirements for compliance with environmental certification standards.
- Logistical facilities: Provide planning analyses for distribution or transportation functions.
Skills required to Become a Logistic Engineer
- Excellent Interpersonal ability: You should have a good behavior and tactics to interact with others effectively.
- Good problem solver: Effective in problem solving.
- Proficient in project management: You should be good in managing the project.
Management consultant help organization to solve problems, improve business performance and create value and maximum growth. They identify solutions for business troubles and make suggestion for changes to implement.
Roles of Management consultant in Mechanical Industry
- Analyzation of the organization: Perform a comprehensive study through data collection, secondary research, client interviews.
- Business proposals and presentations: Ability to present and propose good business ideas.
- Participation in management: Ability to participate in strategy making, implementation, and evaluation
- Project Management: You have to manage the given project and lead capacity-building workshops.
- Identification and suggestion: You should have the ability of identifying business issues and suggesting remedies and innovative solutions.
Skills Required to become a Management Consultant
- Quantitative and analytical skills: You have to be good with manipulation of numbers and you should also have the ability to analyze and solve complex problems.
- Conceptually and practically: You should have knowledge about management consultancy in concept as well as in practical.
- Communicating clearly and empathetically: Ability to communicate with management fluently and properly.
- Organization and Time Management: Ability to organize the consultancy team and should have a proper time management skills.
A mechanical engineer with a little business background can do good in this section by working on finance based projects. A majority of engineers are familiar with accounting and spreadsheet hence they can execute the financial technics for this job.
Roles of Investment Banker
- Development of financial models: in order to value debt and equity.
- Assist in raising capital mergers and acquisitions
- Perform due diligence and document live transactions.
- Translate client portfolio into presentations.
Skills required to become a Investment Banker
- Financial Modelling: To test all the scenarios and available information to know how it will impact the Industry and its financials.
- Understanding of economics, finance, marketing.
- Communication and Networking Skills: Being a investor in company you should have a strong communication and networking skills.
- Working knowledge of Deal structuring and closing principals.
Social Media Manager
A social media manager is typically responsible for setting content strategy and driving engagement on a company’s social platforms. To be successful in that role, social media managers often need to possess a knack for storytelling, a keen eye for design, and an ability to analyze what does well with an audience and what doesn’t.
Roles of Social Media Manager
- Managing of social media: You have to build, execute, and manage the social media strategy of an organization.
- Working with different people: You have to work with copywriters and designers to maintain the quality of social media posts.
- Keeping track of the latest trends: You should track the best practices and latest trends in social media technologies.
- Evaluation and optimization: You have to evaluate the success of social media campaigns and make recommendations to optimize the strategy.
- Presentation roles: You have present the results to senior leadership and make a case for social media marketing in the advertising budgets.
Skills required to become a social media manager
- Advanced social strategy ability
- Social media management tools: You should have the Knowledge of social media management tools.
- communication skills: You should have strong and consistent communication skills.
- Creative: Being a social media manager you should be always creative and should make your own ideas.
- Good Researching skills: To check and stay up to date on social best practices.
A product manager connects business strategy, design knowledge, and customer needs in order to develop a product that is relevant, feasible, and valuable. PMs are focused on optimizing a product to achieve the business goals and user necessities while maximizing return on investment.
Roles of Product Manager in Mechanical Industry
- Development of product: ability to develop product in different strategies.
- Roadmap for products: Set the roadmap of products and product lines.
- Specification of product: specify the functional requirements and features of the products.
- Guiding of product: Being a product manager you have to guide the productthroughout its lifecycle.
Skills Required to become a Product Manager
- Critical Thinking And Analytical Skills:
- Leadership: You should have a good leadership skills and the ability to take Initiative.
- Communication and Interpersonal skills: Being a product manager you have to be good in communication and interpersonal skills.
Business analysts identify business areas that can be improved to increase efficiency and strengthen business processes. They often work closely with others throughout the business hierarchy to communicate their findings and help implement changes.
Roles of Business Analyst
- Sales trends: analyze and identify the sales in trends.
- To analyze competition in the market.
- Interaction with costumers: To increase the business you have to interact with customers and clients.
- Understanding of user: You have to form a thorough understanding of user needs and preferences.
- Operational efficiency: To drive the sales or to its optimum efficiency for higher performance and revenue.
Skills required to become a Business Analyst
- Technical Skill: Being a Business analyst you should have knowledge of some technical tools like MS Office.
- Reviewing Data and Performing Statistical Analysis.
- Financial planning: You should have a good predictability about the future and should have good financial planning.
An individual can choose to pursue any of these 8 non-tech roles. In order for folks to understand what they are stepping into, I have described or considered roles. I hope you were able to gain better understanding of Non-Tech industry through this blog.