HIRE CHARACTER, TRAIN SKILL.Peter Schutz
- A technical recruiter is in charge of sourcing, screening, scheduling interviews, and extending offers to candidates that are suited for tech roles — software engineering, data analysis, technical writers, etc.
- Technical recruiters must maintain and carefully develop a high-quality pool of candidates suitable for technical roles.
- In addition to filling open positions, an in-house technical recruiter also develops long-tail relationships that may lead to hiring or further networking down the road.
TECHNICAL RECRUITER VS GENERAL RECRUITER
- The task of the technical recruiter is to hire technical talent for their company. A tech recruiter is well-equipped For interacting with highly technical professionals such as coders and developers. Their technical knowledge helps them in comprehending the requirements of the job easily.
- The task of the recruiter is to fill a Job Opening in an organisation but they are not well versed in the technical field.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF TECHNICAL RECRUITER
WRITING JOB DESCRIPTIONS
- A job description contains the following components: job title, job purpose, job duties and responsibilities, required qualifications, preferred qualifications and working conditions.
- The recruiter writes the Job Description by gathering information about that job from the hiring manager and posts it in relevant social medias like LinkedIn, Naukri etc.
SOURCING AND SCREENING CANDIDATES
- Candidate sourcing is the process of identifying top talent that matches your required skills, education, and interests for the open jobs given in the job description.
- Screening is the process of reviewing job applications and involves scanning through the resumes and finding the closest applicant who matches the job description.
- The goal of screening candidates is to decide whether to process them to the next level of hiring or to reject the application.
- A telephone interview is often an effective way for a company to screen many candidates quickly and cost-effectively.
- Some recruiters will use them as a method of shortlisting; others as an opportunity to learn more about the candidates who are applying to work for them.
PRESENTING RESUMES TO HIRING MANAGER
- Once the telephone interview is over, the recruiter will then send the shortlisted resumes to the hiring manager.
- The recruiter will also arrange the interview dates by consolidating with both the candidate and the manager.
- The recruiter is in charge of offering job offers to the selected candidate and also completing the relevant paperwork.
- The recruiter will also take care of the onboarding process. Also Keeping track of all applicants as well as keeping applicants informed on the application process.
HOW TO BECOME A TECHNICAL RECRUITER
- You should have at least a Bachelors degree in HR or any other field.
- Technical recruiters can come from a range of different backgrounds. People from sociology, HR, business, psychology, and other such fields can also make excellent tech recruiters.
- All you need is to have a sound grip on the functional and technical knowledge.
- Having a strong technical background is a plus, but it’s okay if you cannot write code. Knowing about the latest programming languages in use, basic coding standards, and new technology trends is sufficient.
- Stay relevant by brushing up on your tech skills.
TECHNICAL RECRUITER REQUIREMENTS
- A good understanding of technology and technical skills.
- Good interpersonal and decision-making skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Proficiency with ATS software.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Organizational skills.
- Analytical skills and Critical thinking skills.
In the end, the key difference between a technical recruiter and any other kind of a recruiter is that they always need to be up to date with their tech and they need to try extra hard to create a positive hiring experience for their candidates. Technical recruitment is a skill. You can learn and refine it over time. And armed with the right tools for technical recruitment, you can get great results right from the start!