Who Are the Full Stack Developers?
Full Stack Developers are the ones who have knowledge & working Experience in both Front End & Back End. A Full Stack developer develops the entire Software using the Front End and Back End frameworks. They provide an end-to-end service.
The full stack can apply to a web stack, mobile stack, or native application stack (i.e. software programs for specific devices). They have to have some skills which are having database knowledge, UI/UX knowledge to have their job well. They are the ones who handle the entire application.
What are the career paths in Full Stack?
A Full Stack developer has so many are fields in which he can pursue their career. Some of them are
- Full Stack Developer : The job of a full stack requires the end to end knowledge of the entire application.
- Back-End Developer : Back End requires the knowledge of the Server Side.
- Front-End Developer : Front End requires the knowledge of the Client Side.
- Web Developer : It is also a great career opportunity. Basically a web developer should have the complete knowledge of how a website is designed, also should have the knowledge of website API’s.
- Web Designer : The Web Designer role requires the knowledge of user interface and user experience.
What is Front End Development?
A Front End is the part of the website with which users can see and can directly interact. Front End refers to the client-side of an application.
Front End Development is the development of the graphical interface of the website. All the website features are built through Front End Development.
What are the Skills and Tools required to become Front End developer?
There are both technical as well as non-technical skills that are required by Front End Developer
Technical Skills & Tools include:
- Visual Studio Code
- Version Control/Git/GitHub
- Command Line
- CSS Preprocessing
- Browser Developer Tools
- ChromeDev Tools
- Basic Design Skills
Non-Technical Skills include:
- Communication Skills
- Problem Solving and also
- Team Working
Roles and Responsibilities of Front End Developer
Role of a Front End Developer include:
- Optimizing the user experience.
- Developing and maintaining the user interface.
- Implementing design on mobile websites.
- Creating tools that improve site interaction regardless of the browser.
- Managing software workflow.
- Following Search Engine Optimization best practices.
- Fixing bugs and testing for usability.
A front-end developer ensures that website visitors can easily interact with the page. They do this through the combination of design, technology, and programming to code a website’s appearance, as well as taking care of debugging.
What is Back End Development?
The back end refers to parts of a computer application or a program’s code that allow it to operate and that cannot be accessed by a user. It is the Server side of an application. The user has no access to the Bank End of an application.
The Back End is also called the data access layer of software or hardware and includes any functionality that needs to be accessed and navigated to by digital means.
Back End development languages handle the ‘behind-the-scenes’ functionality of web applications. It’s code that connects the web to a database, manages user connections, and powers the web application itself.
What are the Skills and Tools required to become Back End Developer ?
To become a Back End developer, you should have good knowledge about these topics:
- Back End Programming Languages : These includes both the programming languages Object Oriented (python, Java and .Net ) and Functional programming languages (Haskell, Clojure, SQL)
- Databases: SQL database is one where the data is mapped in a table and each one is linked to another in a significant way. NoSQL databases work essentially on JSON and XML.
- Server: Servers are the most commonly used medium to deliver important services. Some examples of the servers are Apache, Nginx, and Microsoft IIS.
- APIs: API is a set of rules and definitions that allow different clients, software, or services to communicate with each other over the internet. Back End developers should have extensive knowledge about APIs.
- Version Control/Git/GitHub
- In-depth knowledge of deploying or hosting.
- Knowledge of AWS, Heroku, Google Cloud Platform is a plus.
Roles and Responsibilities of a Back End Developer
Back-end developers play a critical role in web development teams and make sure that data or services requested by the front-end system or software are delivered.
The responsibilities of a backend developer include writing APIs, interacting with the database, creating libraries, and improving the data architecture. Some more responsibilities of a backend programmer are –
- Coordinate with Front End developers and develop server-side algorithms to transfer data efficiently to the client-side web applications.
- Make sure the application is fast and performs the same whenever the user traffic changes.
- Optimize the applications for increasing response time and efficiency.
- Analyze the requirements and goals, handle bugs and errors, and come up with efficient and fast solutions.
- Interact with the database for storing data.
- Implementing security structures and their best practices.
- Writing reusable code and libraries for future implementation.
In conclusion, being a full stack developer you can use part of your knowledge to serve either as a front end developer or Back end developer. There are a lot of skills that are crucial for a career in a full-stack. However, once you have the necessary skills, you can obviously by making use of the entire knowledge, can become a full stack developer. Thus, there are a lot of career opportunities in a full-stack.
As we all know that as time progresses and technology emerges more and more people will come online. They all need web-based solutions whether it is in Education, E-Commerce, Social platforms, Gaming, etc. So, opting for a career in the full stack is safe and also a good option to progress.