Overview of Xylem
Xylem (XYL) is a leading global water technology company committed to developing innovative technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. The Company’s products and services move, treat, analyse, monitor and return water to the environment in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced infrastructure analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. The Company’s more than 16,500 employees bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on identifying comprehensive, sustainable solutions. Headquartered in Rye Brook, New York with 2017 revenue of $4.7 billion, Xylem does business in more than 150 countries through a number of market-leading product brands.
The name Xylem is derived from classical Greek and is the tissue that transports water in plants, highlighting the engineering efficiency of our water-centric business by linking it with the best water transportation of all – that which occurs in nature. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
Maintain the ITC facility ensuring support services are working in a professionally consistent, efficient and cost effective manner driven to exceed customer needs.
- Ensure optimal functioning and maintenance of on- going Preventive / Predictive Maintenance Plan as per schedule.
- Ensures facilities maintenance work follows safety standards, conforms to specifications, and completed within the budgeted guidelines.
- Conducts regular walk through of the facility to assist visual maintenance and security and generate report.
- Liaison with the Landlord regarding facility management, maintenance and/or issues.
- Identify, diagnose, and correct facility operating system problems.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Minimum Education : Diploma Electrical
- Minimum Work Experience: 2–4 Years
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in building management and maintenance in a corporate environment.
- Good understanding of 120-440 VAC single and three phase electrical connections.
- Simple understanding of electrical grounding.
- Adapted easily to changing priorities and procedures.
- Basic Knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO14001 & ISO 18001.
- Experience with Low voltage wiring (12V, 24 V, 230 V & 440 VAC) including terminal blocks, fusing, circuit breakers, disconnects, relays, etc.
- Experience with HVAC system
- Prepare detailed maintenance schedule and follow it and prepare report.
- Interpret drawings and blueprints for structural MEP (Mech/Elect/Plumbing) systems.
- Prioritize work task according to departmental needs.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Comply with all safety procedures and requirements.
- Coordination with external agencies and provide support during work at site.
- Capable of working with cross functional team
- Adaptability to work with different work culture, time zones.
- Extensive lab testing, moving small equipment, etc