For freshers, looking for a new job can be a time consuming and often a difficult process. We all have been rejected for a job that we believed we are perfect for. Many times it happens that you did not even get a call for an interview. This means that your resume got rejected by the manager or Applicant Tracking System.
To get a call from the company for an interview, you need to increase your chances of catching the eye of recruiters. If you got a call for an interview then it means that you have crossed the first level. After this, you need to focus on an interview. Here we have given some steps to follow to crack the interview.
1. Know the company
- You should know the mission and vision of the company.
- You should know about the skills, experience and knowledge that the company valued the most.
- You should also aware of the culture of the company.
- Try to find out the product and services they offer to their customer.
- Take the help of social media and the internet and try to find out the recent news about the company.
- By doing research work on the company you will come to know the kind of candidates they are searching for the company.
2. Get to know the job
- First, you need to find out the skill required for the assigned role.
- Get to know about the duties, responsibility and task involves.
- You need to examine the hierarchy followed by the organization.
- Analyze the salary and benefits you can expect.
3. First impression
- Wear appropriate clothes which is suitable for the role and the company.
- Your appearance should not be a distraction.
- You should know the exact location so that you can reach on time. Make sure that you reach atleast 15 minutes early.
- During first interaction, you should shake hands with interviewer and make eye contact.
- Be relax and comfort, don’t present yourself as someone you aren’t.
4. Be ready with accessories
- Carry a notepad and a pen along with you.
- Keep an extra copy of resume with you.
- Documents required during an interview.
- A list of references if required.
5. Body language
- A positive body language is very important for an interview.
- You should be able to manage facial reaction during the conversation.
- Be attentive and confident.
- Remember that your behavior in the waiting room may also create an impact.
- Be mindful and relaxed during the interaction.
6. Prepare for responses and ask questions
- You should give a relevant answer to the question asked.
- Interviewer asks questions based on resume, behavior and case study.
- Some questions are straightforward and may ask about your skills and experience. Try to give the most professional answer possible.
- The way you answer questions will determine whether you are the right person for the job or not.
- You need to go through every step of an interview from start to end.
- Practice giving your best. Take feedback from friends, colleague, etc.
- You should also ask some questions at the end.
7. Follow up after interview
- After the interview, immediately send a thank you email.
- This is a good sign because it will show that you are interested in the position.
- The advantage of doing this is interviewer will recall your name and face.
- Don’t ask for a information which is available on the company’s website.