There are many instances in our life when we realize that we over committed in excitement. This happens with everyone. This is due to our habit of starting an interesting task without knowing the capability required. If you are interested in a particular task then it does not mean that you are capable of it. You should be aware of the knowledge and skill required apart from your will.
The main reason behind this gap is the habit of not implementing your thought and ideas in your life. If you start executing practically then you will be capable of judging the thing in a better way. In personal life, a gap between your will and skill may not show an adverse effect but in professional life, it will generate a loss to the organization. Therefore it is important to bridge a gap between your will and skill.
Here are the steps to bridge a gap between your will and skill:
1. Be realistic
- Don’t do anything just because of excitement. You need to be aware of every phase of your assigned task.
- Do not allow your emotional behavior dominates over your rational thinking.
- Always work on realistic constraints.
- If you don’t know about a task do not hesitate to say ‘no’.
- Try to implement your learning in your daily life.
2. Don’t think, Do
- Do not over think. It may lead to fear, anxiety and depression.
- If you are utilizing most of the time in thinking then it may demotivate you.
- It is a self-made trap and it is very difficult to get out of it.
- If you will start experimenting with your ideas then you will become aware of your skills and capabilities.
- If you are not getting any solution, start it again from the beginning.
3. Consume content in a healthy way
- The best way to get good content is to read books.
- Make your books actionable. Implement your learning in your daily life.
- If you want any help try to search for the relevant person instead of taking help from the internet.
- In face to face interaction, there is an exchange of information as well as energy. This will help you a lot in executing any task of your interest.
4. Keep yourself updated
- Always be a learner. If you do not keep yourself updated then again there will be a gap between your will and skill.
- You should keep a watch of what other people in your same field are doing.
- Always try to be creative and innovative.
- Keep yourself socially, politically and technologically updated.