Meaning of flexibility
- It is the ability to change according to circumstances and expectations required in a particular assigned task.
- Flexibility is the present requirement i.e. you need to expand your area of work without changing the objective of the work.
- Flexibility is the basic requirement for the growth.
- When you are flexible in your work, you may become a master at adapting.
Meaning of adaptability
- It is the ability to change in order to meet the requirement of new roles and environment.
- Adaptability is the future requirement i.e. you should be ready for the new opportunitites. This may change the objective of your work.
- Adaptability is the basic requirement for survival.
- You need to be always flexible. But adaptability is required when flexibility ends.
Developing flexible and adaptable skills
1. Ability to work under pressure
- Tough situations are the part of every assigned task. Make sure that these midpoints are clearly visible.
- You need to be strong enough to face negative situations.
- Make sure that your moral values are not affected.
- Be calm and follow prioritization strategy and scheduling strategy.
2. Be optimistic
- You need to be positive and confident when working in new condition and situation.
- Optimistic behavior helps you to understand things easily.
- It will create positive anticipation of the future and may increase productivity.
- It will make you resilient during adverse situation.
3. Emotional intelligence
- It means that you should be able to control and manage your emotion in a constructive manner.
- This will help you to adapt easily to a new working environment.
- It is the skill which is learned over time rather acquiring it.
- For more information CLICK HERE
4. Creativity and innovation
- You should be capable of generating new ideas and method so that it will be helpful while solving a problem.
- Being creative is a part of your job. This reduces stress and develops an interest in completing the task.
- Creativity and innovative will help in dealing with an anomalous situation.
5. Open minded
- You should have a clear idea of the running trends in the market.
- Be an active listener. This is a good sign of having flexible behavior.
- An open minded person will negotiate in a better way.
- You need to go for more variety so that there is something for everyone.
6. Developing other skill set
- You need to be good at problem-solving.
- Decision-making process is very important in this type of scenario.
- Communication should be very clear so that every subordinate should understand their roles and responsibilities.