What is comfort zone?
- All of us have a natural tendency to form a comfort zone around us.
- It is human spatial behavior in which a person feels safe to do their activities.
- In simple words, comfort zone is a living pattern where you do not required extra energy to deal with your activities.
- Working in comfort zone, a person does not feel stress or anxiety and have a mindset that everything is going well.
- While living in a comfort zone, one will not try to do new things.
Causes of living in comfort zone
- You do not have any goals and objective in your life.
- You are not aware of the fast-changing world around you.
- Sometimes you have the goal and objective but you are dedicated and focused to it.
- You are not taking any risk because of the fear of failure.
- Lack of creativity, flexibility and adaptability.
- A habit of ignoring mistakes also makes you fall in the comfort zone.
How does the ‘magic’ happen?
- It is very difficult to come out of a comfort zone because it is our psychological state where we do not realize the need for taking a risk.
- While living in a comfort zone you will be safe in your day to day life because you are not trying for the new thing that may lead to failure.
- It is almost impossible to learn and grow while living in your comfort zone.
- Therefore it is important to get out of a comfort zone.
Steps to get out of a comfort zone
1. Always have an objective
- To get out of comfort zone you need to have a well-defined objective.
- Don’t keep yourself blank any time. Try to keep yourself busy otherwise, you will start feeling laziness.
- If you will have a clear objective you will be energetic in doing an activity.
- Try to avoid long term objective, focus mainly on short term goal. Because short term goal will help you in accomplishing long term objective.
2. Planning to achieve objective
- If you have an objective but not planning then again you will fall into a comfort zone.
- You need to prioritize your work.
- After prioritization, you should schedule your work.
- Do not procrastinate your task and try to meet deadlines.
3. Don’t take anything for granted
- If you have a habit of ignoring mistakes then it is sure that you are on the way towards comfort zone.
- Have a strong communication with yourself. This will make you keep focused.
- Take each and every activity seriously irrespective of its importance. This will make you value your goal.
- Always be accountable to keep things on track.
4. Take risk
- You should not be afraid of failure. If you are having a fear of failure then you will not put your best in achieving your goal.
- If you will take a risk then you will put yourself on a challenge. By this, you are agreed to yourself that you are capable of doing it.
5. Be creative, flexible and adaptable
- You need to have some time for creative work. This will make you fresh and energetic in doing a job.
- You need to be flexible and adaptable so that you can change yourself according to the requirement of the situation.