Who is a management consultant?
- The management consultant is one who gives advice and direction to the organization in order to become more efficient, productive and successful.
- They identify the problem in the business organization and help them to solve it.
- They also help in improving the performance of the business organization.
- They are very creative and adaptable according to the scenario.
- For more information CLICK HERE
Qualifications required to become a management consultant
- You need to complete your bachelor degree from commerce background.
- Bachelor degree from any stream may also work but it will be an advantage for commerce background.
- Some companies also ask master degree like MBA, CA, etc.
- A management consultant can also be self employed.
What are skills required?
- Problem-solving skill: It is the ability to identify problems and solve it in a particular time period. In problem-solving, management consultant develops alternate solution and select the best one.
- Quantitative and analytical skills: You need to be very strong in Math. It is the numerical ability of an individual to evaluate things in a technical or non-technical manner. You need to also have analytical skills to analyze data.
- Flexibility and Adaptability: You need to be very practical in your job. You need to be very much flexible to adapt in a different working situation. By having this kind of skill problem can be solved easier and ina lesser time.
Functions of a management consultant
- They used to handle projects and programmes.
- They evaluate the schedule and resources required to meet the project objective.
- Conduct various training classes and workshops.
- Prepares proposals and presentations to develop business growth.
- Indicate the problem, provides its solution and feedback.
- Conduct the research to understand the position of the organization.
- They interview employees of the client, management team and other stakeholders.
- They improve business performance, create value and maximize growth.