Due to advancement in technology, an office is no longer the only place to work. Many people prefer home to work instead of an office. Working from home saves traveling time and this time can be utilized for office work or family. But you need to be more careful to choose to work from home. It is very difficult to maintain the working environment at home. This may cost to the organization. For more information CLICK HERE
Hence it is very important to be focused and productive when working from home. Here I have discussed some of the important factors that need to be considered when you are working from home.
1. First, you need to decide, is it possible to work from home
- First, you need to evaluate yourself. Are you self motivated or you need supervision to accomplish the task.
- You should be capable enough to balance the work and family under the same roof.
- Evaluate your home space that whether you have the right place to work.
- You should be able to manage your responsibilities.
2. Get yourself prepare for the day
- You should have same set of mind as you are going to office.
- There should be strong connection between your work and office to make you realise about the sound working environment required at home.
- Your working table should be spacious enough to hold every tools and instruments required for the task.
- You need to dress well. This is very important because it will keep you feel energetic.
- Have a healthy breakfast in the morning.
3. Start early
- It is very important to start early. For this, your to-do-list should be prepared night before.
- When you start early you feel flexible in doing your work.
- In the early morning, you should focus on the difficult task because of being more productive.
- In the afternoon, you should manage you emails, phone calls and other creative activity.
4. Make fix schedule and set boundary condition
- There is no one to supervise you, hence it is compulsory to you follow a strict schedule.
- You need to track your activities and time taken to accomplished it.
- You can use scheduling software.
- Implement an effective time management strategy. Try to use whiteboards, chalkboards, etc. so that your timetable is visible to you.
- Take out some time for a break and try to go out for a walk. You should have sufficient amount of sleep.
- At the end of the day write down every activity completed.
5. Stay connected
- When you are working from your home there is much possibility of occurring a communication gap with your colleagues.
- You should have good communication skill because there is no personal interaction.
- You can use various tools and software to stay connected.
- You should inform each and every ongoing activities.
6. Avoid procrastination
- Avoid missing deadlines.
- Eliminate distractions like phone calls, use of social media, etc.
- Plan and prioritize your work schedule.
- Do one thing at a time.